En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies pour vous proposer des services et offres adaptés à vos centres d'intérêts, afficher des publicités personnalisées et analyser le trafic du site internet.
corse FR  corsica EN  corsica IT  korsika DE  

Vescovato


Campings Aleria
Riva Bella Village de Vacances/Camping naturiste****

Campings Valle di Campoloro
Camping Olmello

Holiday villages Linguizzetta
BAGHEERA

Holiday villages Aleria
Riva Bella Centre Spa & Thalasso
 

The municipality was based at the end of the XIII-th century by a bishop of Mariana and stayed an episcopal place of residence until 1570.

Vescovato's village is surrounded with forests of olive trees and sweet chestnut trees. The site reminds of an impregnable fortress so much its very high perched facades are impressive.

To see in the village, the baroque Church San Martino attributed to the Sicilian sculptor Antonello Gagini (1478-1536) but also three other churches scattered in the alleys of the village. Vescovato's name results of " vescovo " which means bishop in Corsican.