En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies pour vous proposer des services et offres adaptés à vos centres d'intérêts, afficher des publicités personnalisées et analyser le trafic du site internet.
corse FR  corsica EN  corsica IT  korsika DE  

La Porta


Tourism residence Aleria
Riva Bella Thalasso Resort

Tourism residence Aleria
Riva Bella Village de Vacances/Camping naturiste****

Campings Linguizzetta
BAGHEERA

Holiday villages Valle di Campoloro
Camping Olmello
 

As the name indicates it, the village of La Porta means the front door of the region of Castagniccia.

What knocks most here, it is the church of the village, the real jewel of the Corsican baroque art. The church Saint Jean Baptiste was begun in 1680 whereas his facade was finished towards 1707 by the Milanese architect Domenico Baina. This last one also built a bell tower near the Church, the building of five floors and set up as 1720. Inside the church, one can admire paintings in cameo magnificently realized by Girolamo da Porta in 1886 covering vaults and walls of the church. Finally, several pictures decorate the church, offered by Napoleon III.